Almost everyone makes a list of resolutions for the new year, and every freelancer takes some time to set goals for the new year. It is after all the ultimate clean slate, the chance for us to actually put into words the hopes and dreams that a new beginning brings. While it’s easy to write down our goals and resolutions, the hard part is achieving them. In 2009, I was lucky and far surpassed my goals. I can only hope that 2010 will be as good!
Here are my freelance goals for 2010. Some are pretty hefty, some are simple and hopefully all will be met.
- Double my monthly income.
- Pitch to two to three magazines per month.
- Get at least three magazine articles published.
- Market myself to more local companies.
- Take on more regular (monthly) clients.
- Continue the wonderful working relationship I have with my current clients.
- Improve my writing through classes, workshops, webinars and creative exercises.
- Network more with other writers and work to create a more recognizable online profile.
- Improve traffic to this blog.
- Update my professional web site monthly with new clips.
And a few personal goals that I have set as well:
- Become more frugal.
- Live more environmentally conscious.
- Take better care of my body through healthy eating and plenty of exercise.
- Make more time for family and friends.
- Be true to myself and live 2010 to its fullest.